1. Where Are We Now? - David Bowie
2. The Mother We Share - CHVRCHES
3. If I Had A Tail - Queens of the Stone Age
4. Mother - Natalie Maines / Ben Harper
5. Bad Habit - Foals
6. Doin' It Right - Daft Punk / Panda Bear
7. Don't - Phoenix
8. Miracle Mile - Cold War Kids
9. Chocolate - The 1975
10. Instant Crush - Daft Punk / Julian Casablancas
11. Pompeii - Bastille
12. My Number - Foals
13. Should be Higher - Depeche Mode
14. Love Is Lost *James Murphy Remix* - David Bowie
15. Time To Run - Lord Huron
16. Seen It All - Jake Bugg
17. Bourgeois - Phoenix
18. Elephant - Tame Impala
19. Porno - Arcade Fire
20. Get Lucky (LP Version) - Daft Punk / Pharrell Williams
21. (You Will) Set The World On Fire - David Bowie
22. Diamonds - The Boxer Rebellion
23. You & I - Crystal Fighters
24. City's Full - Savages
25. Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
26. Defriended - Beck
27. Alone - Depeche Mode
28. Breezeblocks - alt-J
29. Open - Rhye
30. Reflektor - Arcade Fire / David Bowie
31. Lies - CHVRCHES
32. I Love You - Said The Whale
33. Demon Dance - Surfer Blood
34. Graceless - The National
35. Sex (LP Version) - The 1975
36. Tattered Line of String - The Postal Service
37. Lost Weekend - So So Glos
38. Creep In A T-Shirt - Portugal. The Man
39. Shot At The Night - The Killers / M83
40. Afterlife - Arcade Fire
41. The Wire - HAIM
42. Holding On For Life - Broken Bells
43. The City - The 1975
44. If So - Atlas Genius
45. Lose Yourself To Dance - Daft Punk / Pharrell Williams
46. Ends of the Earth - Lord Huron
47. Hot Knife - Fiona Apple
48. Something Good - alt-J
49. She Will - Savages
50. Entertainment - Phoenix
Have Spotify? Stream the entire list here:
1. The Next Day - David Bowie (ISO/Columbia)
The return of the thin, white duke. I adore this new record from David Bowie, along with the disc of extras which includes James Murphy's (LCD Soundsystem) remix of "Love Is Lost."
Key Tracks: Where Are We Now?, (You Will) Set The World On Fire, Love Is Lost *James Murphy Remix*, If You Can See Me, How Does The Green Grass Grow?
2. Random Access Memories - Daft Punk (Columbia)
While the rest of the world went EDM in 2013 *yawwwwwwn*, Daft Punk went straight up funk. This record is genius and it kept me company for most of my Summer hikes up to the Hollywood sign! Made me feel like I could conquer the world, and I just couldn't stop dancing.
Key Tracks: Get Lucky & Lose Yourself To Dance (Feat. Pharrell Williams), Doin' It Right (Feat. Panda Bear), Instant Crush (Feat. Julian Casablancas), Motherboard, Contact
3. Bankrupt! - Phoenix (Glassnote)
This record is perfectly polished! It's dreamy, airy vibe reminds me of how laid back & cool Spring 2013 was.
Key Tracks: Entertainment, The Real Thing, S.O.S In Bel Air, Don't, Chloroform, Bourgeois
4. Reflektor - Arcade Fire (Merge/Capitol)
There really isn't a bad tune on AF's new double album! Love the change in vibe & style, while still remaining true to themselves.
Key Tracks: Refkeltor (Feat. David Bowie), Here comes The Night Time, Joan Of Arc, Awful Sound (Oh Eurydice), It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus), Porno
5. Delta Machine - Depeche Mode (Columbia)
Incredible comeback record from D.M. Highly underrated from the masses, but us hardcore fans got this!
Key Tracks: Angel, My Little Universe, Should Be Higher, Alone, Soothe My Soul
6. The Bones Of What You Believe - CHVRCHES (Glassnote)
It seems as if this debut effort from CHVRCHES took forever and a day to come out. Started listening to them way back in January when my friend Ryann told me, "Hey, you have to listen to this song, 'The Mother We Share', by this band out of Glasgow. It's sooo good." From that moment, we listened to that track specifically on repeat for months!
Key Tracks: The Mother We Share, Lies, Gun, We Sink, Recover, Under The Tide
7. Holy Fire - Foals (Warner Bros.)
Really dig the major-label debut from these guys. Saw them live 3x in 2013, including their Coachella set.
Key Tracks: Inhaler, My Number, Bad Habit, Milk & Black Spiders, Late Night
8. Silence Yourself - Savages (Matador)
These 4 girls brought back angst-filled rock & roll ala Hole & Elastica. Saw them in July at The El Rey and they put on one hell of a show. They need to come back to LA and play our Penthouse! Consider this an invite!
Key Tracks: I Am Here, City's Full, Strife, She Will, No Face, Hit Me
9. The 1975 - The 1975 (Interscope)
Look, I LOOOOOVE good pop music... okay? I'm not talking about the auto-tune-techno-rap crap of today. I'm talking about the good 80's stuff like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, Janet Jackson & Cyndi Lauper. This right here is THE perfect pop record, by today's standards. Undeniably catchy. Yeah... I'm a fan boy and I'm not even ashamed.
Key Tracks: The City, M.O.N.E.Y, Sex, Chocolate, Talk!, Heart Out, Settle Down
10. Days Are Gone - HAIM (Columbia)
Actually, their show at The Troubadour back in January was my first show of 2013 and I stood right next to Ryan Adams! I love how they wear their influences on their sleeves. Danielle Haim told me Los Angeles radio is what influenced their sound, you know, since we have the best radio stations on the planet. It's true.
Key Tracks: Forever, The Wire, Don't Save Me, Go Slow, Send Me Down
Have Spotify? Listen to the albums in full:
Kings Of Leon will be the musical guests this weekend on SNL, hosted by John Goodman. Check out this new teaser video they just released of them goofing around:
Will you be watching?
How did I miss this last month? The Lumineers performed their cover of The Talking Heads' "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)" at VH1's You Oughta Know In Concert '13. LOVE THIS COVER! Hit play:
Hey, I watch Home Alone year round. It is just that awesome!! What if Instagram existed in 1990 back when the film was released? CLICK HERE to see what Buzz's Instagram feed would look like! (Thanks, BuzzFeed. This is brilliant).